Cloudscapes Landscapes Beginning Workshops
January Class SOLD OUT
February 21,- 2 to 3:30 pm SPACE STILL AVAILABLE
March 8, – 2 to 3:30 pm SPACE STILL AVAILABLE
Taught at the Rockport Center For The Arts!
This workshop is a 90-minute classroom presentation
Plus an on-location photoshoot the next day – TBD (am or pm) based on weather
Limited to 10 students per class.
To enroll: 713-416-8422 or Email
For more about this and other classes Send me more info
This workshop is for photographers that want to improve their skills shooting landscapes and cloudscapes.
Schedule and Format
This class will cover how to create dramatic sky images that have impact and what you need to do to capture the wonderful clouds and landscapes that the gulf coast offers. Great shots can become really fantastic images using the right techniques from pre-production to the actual shoot and in post-production. Successful landscape images have a procedure that is very different from normal 35 mm format shooting. Great landscapes be it clouds, sea, sand, fields, landmarks utilize natural light and the different color temperatures that natural light produces. Understanding natural light how it behaves and when it changes is critical to creating exciting panoramic cloudscape images. Bring your camera and follow along as I demonstrate the basic settings, proper exposure techniques, pre-production stage, shooting stage, and post-production processes.
Some of the key elements covered will be:
- What you need
- Scouting, location and point of view
- Understanding natural light, white balance and color temperature
- Shooting wide angle and its nuances
- Weather forecasts and predictability
- Depth of field and Hyper-focal distance
- Subject value range
- Metering for correct exposures
- Creating gradients for skies in post vs shooting with a Polarizer
- Editing in Raw format and its advantages
- Exposure X3 film simulations
- Retouching in photoshop
- Using different features in photoshop
- Saving finished file options
- What to learn to keep improving
This class will cover what you need to have in your bag for location shooting, what the pros use and cover ways to improve both in technique and in aesthetics.